Tuesday 14 August 2012

No. 29 Meet your Idol

Unfortunately I only got to meet my idol at a book signing, but I'm counting it. The blokes just brilliant, he's like marmite, you either love him or you hate him. But what he did (and still does) for my football club, Derby County, was amazing. He single handily took us from a club with barely any interest from the public, to one of the most talked about teams in the english leagues. We were in the first 3 games on the championship every week, and due to him appearing everywhere, were just pretty much on everything.


I'm talking, of course, about Robbie Savage. If he played for your club you loved the bloke, but if he didn't, you despise him. But i think the like-ability comes from the fact that he admits him self he was a bit of a nob head. How many people do you know who can say that about themselves? Fair play to him I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment